Call for protest against the recent surge of executions of political prisoners in Iran
Supporters of freedom!
Defenders of human rights!
Once again, the reactionary and inhumane regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran has shamelessly and fearlessly embarked on a new wave of killings and executions of innocent and brave sons and daughters of this country.
In recent weeks and months, the regime has begun a new wave of executions of political prisoners- and it seems that - the killing machine will likely to continue. This is whilst the new government of Rouhani had promised the betterment of general conditions for all Iranians, especially the oppressed nationalities.
The overall conditions of Iranian people have drastically worsened since the rise to power of the clerics following the revolution in 1979; however, nationalities under twofold oppression have suffered immense injustice and oppression under this regime. Regrettably, once more the killing machine of this menace regime has gone full speed and a number of Balochi, Ahwazi Arabs and Kurds have been put on death row; a clear indication of this regime’s culminating antagonism against these oppressed nationalities.
Currently, there are dozens of Arab, Balochi and Kurdish political prisoners, languishing in Iranian regime’s prisons, unjustly condemned to death in hasty trials without due legal process. The international community should not choose silent in the wake of executions and repression, fearing possible “derailment” of negotiations with the regime on its nuclear issue, the export of terrorism and interference in the affairs of neighboring and regional countries, among other issues.
We the signatories, while condemning these heinous crimes and unwarranted oppression of the people of Iran by the regime , stand with the legitimate demands and rightful aspirations of the people of Iran for freedom and democracy, with all its Turkmen, Arab, Balochi, Kurdish, Turkish and Persian population included. We therefore urge the international community, world public opinion and international institutions to seek a legal and binding solution to stop these acts and policies of the regime of Islamic Republic of Iran without delay.
Thus, we also appeal to the freedom-loving people of Toronto and other cities and towns in Ontario, to participate in a protest organized for this sombre occasion, to be held on Sunday 10 November 2013 from 1 to 3 pm at Mel Lastman Square at 5100 Yonge Street North York, Ontario M2N5V7.
- Ahwaz Human Rights Organization
- Balochistan Peoples’ Party
- Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan, Eastern Canada
- Democratic Party of Kurdistan ( Iraq ) – US and Canada
- Democratic Solidarity Party of Ahwaz
- Human Rights Activists Association at York University
- Human Rights Society of Balochistan
- Iran Roundtable
- Kurdistan Democratic Party - Eastern Canada
- Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan, North America
- Kurdish Youth Club
- National Union for Democracy in Iran
- Organization of Iranian People's Fedayeen Majority – Toronto
- Patriotic Union of Kurdistan ( Iraq ) – Canada Chapter
- The Greater-Toronto Kurdish House
- Tudeh Party of Iran, Canada Branch
- United Student Front - Canadian Chapter
Join Iran Roundtable